Monday, November 5, 2007

Why do stars shine?

"Who needs a friend"

One day the moon and earth were having a casual conversation about the sun. The moon says to the earth. You and the sun are like best friends, the sun shines on you and the people come out to play. You and the sun have the people to play with and watch but who do I have. The moon turns away from the earth with a sad look on his face. I wish I had people to play with, nighttime is so lonely. He turns back to the earth and says, "I never get to talk to the sun because whenever he comes out I always have to go away." The earth says to the moon well I could give him a message for you if you would like. The moon now has a huge smile on his face. The earth says, "what would you like me to tell him? The moon begins to think hard. He wonders, "what could the sun do for me? He turns to the earth and says some company would be nice. The earth says, "is that all?" Yes, that's is all just a little company. says the moon. Mother earth says, alright, I will tell Mr. Sun first thing in the morning.
The next morning mother earth tells the sun the moons request. Mr. Sun says, no problem I never knew Mr. Moon was so lonely. I have just the thing that will give Mr. Moon exactly what he needs. Mr. Sun spends the whole day talking to his son Ray. Ray I would like you and your millions of brothers and sisters to keep Mr. Moon some company at night. So when you travel outside the earth, stay in the sky and become Mr. Moon's super stars. Do you think Mr. Moon would like that? Ray answers yes. Mr. Sun says don't worry you will have all of your brothers and sisters up there with you to keep you company. Ray smiles. Your right, I'll go as soon as you go to sleep.
When Mr. Moon comes out for the night, he notices Ray shining brightly next to him. Hello I'm Mr.Sun's son Ray. I have come to keep you company during the long nights.

No comments: