Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Johns Indy Teach

I keep him grounded
When he takes off I go right along with him

With yeah old mud,
clinging to me forever, for fear that if I am washed his luck will turn

With every step I feel the urgency to move faster
the pull to keep going

When we first got together I didn't know if I could handle a pro
but through time I have shown my self to be worthy of taking a good beating,

And putting up a great fight.
Together we are winners, and without me he can't play.

I'm the untouchable, just like him.
I was built to win.

Created to enhance the performance of any foot I touch.
I am the ultimate cleat. I am the ultimate athlete.

2 comments:

ruggermichigan3 said...

the viewpoint of the cleat is very clever and should have been in class. I know you don't want to hear that esp. from me.

Shannon said...

I really like this poem. Great voice and creativity here. I hope you try out this idea with your own kids :)