Monday, October 29, 2007

Reflection on day 1 and 2 group 3

The past two days of this class have been very interesting. Talking about stereotypes was cool on the first day, but then talking about them on the second was a little different. We focused as a class on the more racial side of stereotypes. I have to admit this always makes me uncomfortable because I am the only minority in the class. I think that today focusing on racial stereotypes from my personal perspective made me of course think of myself, because I am a minority. But today I got the opportunity to see racism geared towards other minorities which equally turned my stomach. It feels good to be able to not think about my struggles as a minority and think of someone else's for a change. I think group three did an amazingly respectful job of presenting a very sensitive subject. And I realized that racial stereotyping doesn't only affect the minorities it affects the entire society as a whole.

No comments: