Monday, October 29, 2007

Dear Disney

Dear Disney, I have recently watched the movie Peter Pan and I am confused about your true intentions for incorporating the song what made the red man red. I am trying to understand why you would use a song that mocks the Native American culture. What should I tell my children when they ask me if this song is a true representation of Native Americans. So I am asking you, is it? Where did you get your facts from? How do I know that my children aren't directly being exposed to the biases and stereotypes that your company obviously supports. I am just a concerned parent, trying to understand what type of biases your company supports and if I as a consumer should keep supporting your company.

Concerned Parent

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great letter. Very simple and to the point, but also questions that promote real thought and an investigation into the truth of the depictions in the film.